In today’s post, I’m sharing with you a really easy recipe that hardly takes any time to make, is super healthy and tastes delicious!
Time taken: 15-20 minutes
Serves 3-4 people
For the Salad:
- 3 small sized Bell peppers (I’ve used red, green and yellow), sliced thinly
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 small Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 10-12 leaves of Lettuce, torn roughly by hand
- 1 cup Zucchini, chopped along with the skin
- 1 cup Tomatoes, chopped after removing the pulp and the seeds
- 10-12 pieces of mushrooms, sliced thinly
- ½ cup Croutons
For the Dressing:
- 2-3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 10-12 flakes garlic (very finely chopped)
- 8-10 sprigs of Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Vinegar
- Basil (optional)
- Chili Flakes
- For hard vegetables like carrots, mushrooms and broccoli, immerse them in boiling water with sugar and salt for 2 minutes and drain the water.
- If you don’t have croutons, you could just toast white or brown bread and cut them into small pieces. Make sure to add the croutons right before serving.
- Mix all the vegetables together, add salt, pepper, oregano and chili flakes to taste and refrigerate them.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate it.
- At the time of serving, pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix well.
- Garnish with croutons and sprinkle finely chopped fresh parsley leaves on top.
- This salad is best served cold.